Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tutorial - Door Frame (Plan View) - Part 1

Phillip asked:

"Thanks for the great video tutorials. I have a problem modifying the doors. I don't like Revit's format of not showing the door frame.I tried many different ways and I just can't get the frame to appear on the floor plan. On construction drawings, showing the frame makes it easier to locate and dimension doors especially in a modular masonry wall. I know I am doing something wrong, any info to correct this would be highly appreciated."

Thanks for the question Phillip.. I have ran into this problem in work and have been asked by fellow students the very same question.

There are two ways to go about this.  The first is to create a parametric masked region in plan view and the second is to model the actual frame.

Topics covered:
- Editing a door family
- Creating Parametric Masking Region (Symbolic)
- Loading Door back into project
- Editing Object Style of Door (Line Weight, etc...)


Stay tuned for the second option...