Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Friday, November 27, 2009

Windows 7 and Revit 2010 - Disappearing Ribbon

I recently installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on my MacBook Pro through Boot Camp. I have to say the the performance, overall, has been great. Every program, even Revit, appears to run much faster than on Vista 64 bit.

I have ran into one little thing. When using Revit I start to get some graphic errors along the lines of a disappearing ribbon bar, flashing large dimensions, and dissapearing graphics on sheet view. This is clearly a graphic issue and I am looking more into it. I am not sure if this is a Windows 7 problem or the fact that I am using a Macbook Pro. Anyone else have these issues?

My solution so far is to change the theme of Windows to something classic (without Aero and the "flashiness"). These graphical errors are not continuing when I turned off the "flashiness."

Please comment and let's start this discussion.