Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Revit.biz - Forums!!!

Promising website from Ian... It will only succeed if you all join and converse in the Forums:

A very warm welcome to revit.biz!

My name is Ian. I’m an architect living and working in the UK. Oh, by the way I absolutely adore Autodesk Revit! So much so in fact that in June 2007 I started a website dedicated to the discussion of all things Revit. That website was Revit Zone.

I first got introduced to Revit in 2004. Within a matter of weeks I was a Revit Convert! And since that time, I have become more enthused by Revit every day. It quickly became apparent to me that BIM (Building Information Modelling) was the way forward- a huge leap on from the “dumb” 2D CAD systems I was used to using. But it was also apparent that for a lot of people the change in mindset was not an easy one. So I decided to write about my experiences with Revit and produce a series of articles that (hopefully) eased the transition to BIM from 2D CAD.

In January 2010 I decided to take what I had learnt from Revit Zone and start a new website, revit.biz. The content and informal writing style remains the same, while improvements have been made to the navigation and usability- particularly with respect to the Forums.


revit.biz is simply divided into the following areas:-

News

The Home Page is where you can find all the latest news from the world of Revit. New articles (both on revit.biz and other Revit websites) are posted here.


Articles

Split into seven categories, the database of articles cover various aspects of Revit and will help you get the most out of the software

Links

Here you will find the most comprehensive collection of Revit, BIM, CAD and AEC links on the internet. I personally review each submission and produce a respective summary of the linked site .

Forums

A great place to discuss any aspect of Revit. We have home for every flavour of Revit – Architecture, Structure and MEP. We cover 3D modeling, detailing, plug-ins, Worksharing and lots more. The forum community is both friendly and extremely helpful. We have some very talented Revit users- which can be seen from the submissions they make to the Gallery Forum. If you have a specific Revit query you would like help with or just want to improve your Revit knowledge generally, our Forums are there for you. Registration is very easy and you can be making your first post within minutes.


Feedback

Revit.biz is all about learning. It’s about debate and discussion. It’s also about feedback. I love feedback because I can use it to better steer the site’s development to people’s needs. So if you have anything at all to say about the site (good or bad), please let me know. You can use either the Contact Form or the Suggestions and Feedback Forum.

And finally! I must stress that revit.biz is in no way officially linked to or affiliated with Autodesk Inc. The terms Autodesk, AutoCAD, Revit, Ecotect Analysis, Green Building Studio, and 3ds Max are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.

Many thanks for your interest in revit.biz. I sincerely hope you find the information here both interesting and informative. I look forward to discussing Revit with you on our forums!

Kind regards,

Ian