Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Monday, January 3, 2011

Revit Tutorial - Speedy Stepped Footings (Method 2)

An email from Andrew sparked an idea in my head... A while back I started the Student to Student Revit guide. I created a stepped footing using the model a mass in place, seen here:

http://therevitkid.blogspot.com/2009/02/student-to-student-revit-guide-part-3.html

This is definitely a way to create a stepped footing... But, if you want to actually utilize the analytical model built into a Revit Structural Wall Footing (you know, getting the I in BIM - Information!) then here is another method.  By the speed in which I created the second set of stepped footings you can decide which is the best one:

Topics covered:

  • Creating a foundation wall.
  • Splitting the wall.
  • Using parameters to create ACTUAL footings...