Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Correction - 75 Is Not Equal to 75 (Revit 360 Cloud)

I jumped the gun and got very excited when I saw "75 Cloud Units" under my Autodesk 360 Cloud Rendering Account.... Well, unfortunately, 75 Cloud Units does not necessarily mean 75 renderings... (Thanks to Jonathan for making me look more into this...)

I used a few of my units this morning testing it out and rendering with the highest settings (Best, 2000x2000, etc...) is equal to 5 units.  I don't want to waste anymore units testing but I assume the lower the quality the fewer the units used.

I think I am going to have to bring back the little image I made back in October:


So... If my math is correct that is only 15 "Best" quality renderings....  What happens when you run out?  No idea.  Autodesk is adding an incredibly valuable tool to their software that people WILL pay for.  Please, Autodesk, LET ME PAY FOR MORE!  I promise when I graduate and begin purchasing the software for my business I will go for the best possible subscription I can!

** Edit **  Thanks to Nick for finding this little gem...  So ANY rendering (regardless of quality) is worht 5 cloud units... Damn..