Clicky Web Analytics

Monday, May 21, 2012

My Activation Nightmare

Well, I finally was able to activate Revit 2013 on my desktop.... If you have been following the blog you will remember this post over the weekend.

Some helpful readers responded with their possible solutions.  Most people, including myself, figured it was an Internet Explorer issue.  Well, it was... A reader commented and directed me to this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617

I followed all of those steps numerous times with no luck.  Basically, I was determined to fix the issue without having to reformat my machine.  Not a crazy thing to think, right?  I mean does Autodesk really expect us to just reformat every year??

The most progress I was making was when following the 4th step in the above link.  There is one thing you have to realize when using that step... The Revit 2013 file ARE NOT IN THE DIRECTORY POSTED IN THE LINK.  I am not sure if this will be the same for every computer but here is the location of my Revit 2013 .html files...

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\R5\en-US\Webdepot

Notice that the "R1" from the link is now an "R5"...  That was a huge step in the right direction.  With each HTML file I updated I got a tad bit further in the activation sequence.  Eventually I got all the way to the point where I can click "Activate Online Now"...  I clicked it... And....


HAHA FANTASTIC!  As I checked my school email I realized all the failed attempts were somehow being registered as activated.... Needless to say I called Autodesk today and I am FINALLY running my registered copy of Revit 2013.

If you run into the same problem feel free to email me or comment below.  I wish I took screenshots of the process but as you can tell I don't want to relive it.

I would like to thank Autodesk for taking something so simple and integral and making it an absolute mess.

***EDIT**** I finally solved it!!!  Hopefully this post will help you all now!!!!