Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Revit and Physical Models - Pepakura (Print Your Revit Model)

I remember a Sketch-Up user showing me this software a year or so ago but I never really dove into it.  I could not quite figure out how to connect it with a Revit model.  Well, Zack (with a little help from the new .STL export function on Vasari) figure it out!

Personally, I have found Revit helps immensely in the creation of final physical models for school.  Unfortunately, it usually takes a bit of time but setting up views facing all of the "faces" of your model and printing them to scale can really help build a physical model. Additionally, if your school has a laser cutter then this very well might be a nice introduction to the workflow between Revit and the laser cutter.  Now that the semester is over I should have some more time to mess around with the possible work flows that can arise.



Click here to check out how Zack PRINTED his Revit model...
Click here to visit the Pepakura Web Site....