Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Monday, June 11, 2012

Autodesk Acquires Vela Systems

Unfortunately I was away this weekend when I received an email from Autodesk about their acquisition of Vela Systems.


I have had every Autodesk app on my iPad and I have had a trial of Vela Systems on it as well.  I am very excited, curious, and cautious about what will come of this.  The Vela Systems app is a pretty well thought out and easy to use piece of software and I am just cautious as to what Autodesk will do with it.  I do agree that if implemented correctly this could be a giant step into the "post-printing" phase of a project.  Combined with Navisworks, Autodesk could now be a one stop shop from conceptual design to the maintenance of a completed building.