Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day 1 & 2 : Revit Technology Conference 2012 - #RTCUSA

I am here in Stone Mountain, Georgia and so far it is a blast. Yesterday was mostly traveling followed by watching the soccer game. The night ended with a Speaker and Sponsor event loaded with alcohol and appetizers.

Since 9:00 this morning I have been sitting in labs and lectures that have been very informative. The first lab was by Brian Mackey and ran through some nifty tips and tricks within a Navisworks. The more I become exposed to and use Navisworks the more I believe that every Revit users should now at least the basics of Navisworks.

Currently, I am listening to John Tocci, Jr. (@jtocci2) of Gilbane. All I can say is that every Principal and Partner of design firms should be in this lecture. It is all the stuff us BIM-evangelists have been saying for years but said by a contractor... John opened up with the crazy idea that we create a 3D virtual model, make 2D documents out of it, print them on hundreds of sheets of paper and stamp them with liquid stamps, and then try to build the building again in 3D (reality)!?

Anyways... Tonight is another social function with more alcohol. I'm hoping to get back to the room early and run through the material for my lab tomorrow.

Don't forget to follow my adventures he on Twitter @TheRevitKid and follow the event at #RTCUSA