Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Updating The Revit Kid's Email List


Some of you may know that Google official stopped supporting Feedburner back in 2012.  With it, they also took down Google Reader.

I have been wanted to move this blog over to a new email/RSS provider for quite some time and will finally be getting around to doing it within the next week or so.

What does this mean for you?  If you are an email subscriber or RSS feed subscriber you may not notice any change at all.  I will be moving my mailing list and RSS feed to MailChimp.  If all goes as planned, I you will notice nothing.  Unlike Feedburner, MailChimp is currently being supported, allows for instant broadcasts, and allows me to customize the email and RSS template.

The ability to immediately broadcast an email to you all is what I am most excited about!  With Feedburner you would receive an email at 11AM (EST) every day (like this one).  That email would provide all of the posts I'd published prior to it.  Therefore, if I post something happening right now (like when I went onto Revit Radio at last years RTCNA) you wouldn't get it via email until the next day!

I wanted to publish this post just in case the transition does not go smoothly and something crazy happens (like you get multiple emails, etc...) you will at least know why!

Thank you all for following this blog over the years and subscribing via Email or RSS.  This change should benefit you the most.

Cheers!