Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Monday, April 13, 2015

Revit 2016 Available Now: For Students and Professionals




Not so long ago the yearly launch of Revit's latest version was a big deal.  The Revit "blogosphere", myself included, would get an inside scoop and have posts in our queue ready to publish the second it was released.  Every year around this time my traffic would bump considerably because of people searching for the Revit's new features and release dates...

What happened...?  The releases seem so anti-climactic the past couple of years...

For whatever reason I remembered this is typically the time of the year for Revit's latest version to be released.  So I checked... And sure enough, Revit 2016 is here!  Students and professionals can now download Autodesk's latest release of Revit...

Curious as to what is "new" in Revit 2016?  Keep reading to find out....




Here is a list of "new" features according to Audoesk's website:

Revit 2016 New Features List 

Revit 2016 New Features List 

Well, I guess the two things of note to me were the introduction of Dynamo as a feature of Revit (on the Revit features page!) and the mechanical fabrication.  To me, it looks similar to AutoCAD MEP.  I plan on checking this out because if it is the same as AutoCAD MEP I know many mechanical contractors that will be VERY happy...

Click here to see the entire list of enhancements and features...

I am sure there are other small features, updates, or tweaks that aren't listed above but that's about it...  What do you think...?