Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Monday, July 14, 2014

Another Cloud Rendering Issue


I posted about an ongoing cloud rendering issue back in February.  Well, here is another one that has bothered me and negatively affected some of my renderings...

If you use a material with self-illumination (such as "Light Bulb - On") and you rendering it in the cloud you may get an unwanted result.  I tested this a with a couple different settings and haven't been able to find a reason for it.  Here are the results...



This was rendered using native Revit.  The material on the blue stripes is self-illuminating.

This was rendered on the Autodesk Cloud.  What the heck are all those hot spots!?!?!


Cloud Rendering is a fairly new technology... But if you want this to replace a local rendering engine you really need to fix these little bugs!


I would really appreciate it!!!


**Update**
I've started a thread over at the Autodesk Cloud Community Feedback board if you want to follow that and see if Autodesk responds...