Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Thursday, February 19, 2015

BIM Collaboration with Autodesk Navisworks - Review


Paul Aubin has a new book out!



I was fortunate enough to receive an early review copy from Paul of his new book, "BIM Collaboration with Autodesk Navisworks".  The review copy could not be better timed.  I started a new job as BIM Manager of Turner Construction here in Connecticut.  As you can imagine, Navisworks will be open just as much as Revit on my laptop.  I was looking forward to reading Paul's latest book (co-authored with  Darryl McClelland).

I was not sure how "basic" or "advanced" this book would be.  I have quite a bit of experience in Navisworks running clash detection, selection sets, search sets, etc...  I would consider myself a bit of a veteran.  I was delighted when I got through the book and had a page full of notes with tips and tricks picked up along the way!


The nice thing about this book is it's length.  So often software books are 700+ pages.  To me, that is incredibly intimidating.  How the heck can I get through so much information AND retain it all!?  Well, Paul and Darryl kept the book to a nice 282 pages.  The best part?  They didn't leave anything out.

The book cuts out all the "fat" and gets right to the point. Starting with the basics and then reaching much more intense topics (like Timeliner) Paul and Darryl take all of the fear away from learning a new piece of software.  I would highly recommend this to all level or Navis and/or Revit users.

If you are not using Navisoworks yet, what are you waiting for?!  Personally, I find the Clash Detection and Quantification features to be just as useful for Architects and Engineers as it is for Contractors.  Check out Paul and Darryl's new book today and take the next step to BIM collaboration.


Already the book?  Leave Paul and Darryl a review on Amazon!

Thanks for the review copy, Paul!