Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Sunday, February 23, 2020

Revit Tutorial - Round Windows and Parametric Circles



Today, I'm throwing back to "old school" Revit Kid with a simple 5 minute video tutorial/discussion.  No fancy intro or anything.  The topic of discussion?  Round Windows.

First, a little background.  I teach a parametric modeling course at the University of Hartford each Spring.  After a couple of classes and rudimentary exercises on parameters, formulas, etc... I assign a homework project: make a fixed round window.

I am always surprised with how many different approaches students take to make a parametric round window.  As with anything in Revit, there are lots of ways to approach a problem.  But, I am curious to hear how you approach parametric circles in Revit. 

First, take a look at the short video I made about how I approach them... Then, let me know how you do... 

Continue reading to view the video...







So... How do you approach parametric circles?!


Check out my FREE Family Creation Cheat Sheet:

The sheet is meant to be your desktop guide to family creation in Revit. I have been making my own Revit content for over eight years now and there are always little things I need to reference from time to time. For example, I always find myself referencing materials online for conditional if statements and correct formula syntax.

Print this guide out on 11”x 17” paper and keep it handy for the next time you are creating custom Revit families.