Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Friday, September 4, 2020

Thinking Outside the Box - Don't Let Revit Dictate Your Designs

 


This week marked the start of a new semester for most architecture students.  One of the things that has driven me crazy over the last 10+  years has been hearing architectural professors tell students that "Revit is only good for designing boxes" or "Revit restricts your designs"... 

Well, during this episode of BIM After Dark Live I took a look back at all of my studio (and professional) projects and highlighted the ones where I used Revit for more than "just boxes".   In this episode I dive into three specific projects and walk through exactly how they were created and what my design process was like.

Continue reading to see the episode, related links, and higher resolution images of the projects...






Project's Mentioned:


"Framing the Fairway"





South Asian Studies Building