Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Andekan - Revit Components done Right.

Following up on my previous Revit Components Rant I would like to mention a company that stands for what I meant.  Andekan creates Revit components for Architects, Engineers, etc...  The pricing is not out of control for what you get.

Andekan states right in their website:

"Our focus is on building geometrically precise and information rich families that maximize Revit’s parametric content engine. Our content stands out among other providers for its high level of detail, light file size, and fast performance within Revit."

That is basically what I was talking about in my post!  I first heard about this company because they have a completely parametric human model for Revit (which I have yet to receive for free like I was supposed to!).

They have some free samples to download... so check them out.

The idea that I want you to keep in mind is that they are a company that generates revenue by modeling a parametric component tailored to the architect or engineers needs.  This is what you need to be doing.  Not downloading a fan that was built in Revit 7.1 because it was free.  Take your time and create usable, precise, and accurate components... it will only benefit you in the long run.