Yet another great video that I had to repost from DesignReform.net. I really enjoy the different approach and subject that is touched upon by this video. Not many Revit users (none that I know) even bring up the thought of utilizing the coordinate system. I, personally, have thought about it in terms of relation to CAD.
"Description: In this video I walk through the relationship of the default Revit coordinate system (both in Revit 2009 and 2010) to your geometry, and show how to overwrite that coordinate system as well as make sure that the new system pushes through to exported files. After that, we walk through a comparison of how Revit 2010 visualizes the project basepoint as well as the differences in the importing interface with the earlier 2009 version.
- Overwriting Revit’s internal coordinates
- Exporting to CAD with the correct coordinate system
- Importing CAD elements under a shared coordinate system
- Revit 2010’s new project basepoint UI explainedd
- Relocating a project vs moving the project basepoint
- Pinning the project basepoint