This package is only being released to subscription users. After watching and listening to the new features for an hour and half now it looks to be quite a giant step. I am sure you have all read the features lists on many other blogs already but here is my quick list:
Revit Architecture 2010:
- Revit Structural Features added to Revit Architecture:
- Curved Beams
- Slanted Columns
- Create Trusses
- Beam "Coping" Tool
- Slab Direction and Decking
- Tag Beam Systems
- Split wall with gap.
- Wood Wall Framing
- "Countrification" Content for:
Revit Structure 2010:
- Insulation Tools
- "A" and "W" User Defined Paramters in Schedule Field
- Placing 3D Beams from geometry references in imported 3D drawings.
- Control Beam Length tolerance.
- Wood Framing - Extension
- Interferences of Reinforcing Bars- Extension
- Bridge Design Modules- Extension
Revit MEP 2010 Additions:
- Temporary dimensions in layout mode.
- MEP Performance Improvements.
- "Contrification" Content.
I also asked about how those of us using student subscriptions will or will not be able to obtain this package. The people at Autodesk believe there is a way for us to use the subscription packages. When they tell me how to use it you will be the first to know!
The meeting was great and I cannot wait to show you all some of the many new improvements to the software. The Wood Framing Extension is one of my favorite and it will be yours when you see it as well. Stay tuned for some follow up posts.