Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Revit DOESN'T Suck!

Wow... if you would all remember my post about a thread on the ArchDaily Forums you remember the harsh denial of Revit by many of the members... well... looks like he decided to give it a chance... Here is his original post:

"Revit for CD's...= the fingernails on the chalkboard of my soul!"

And his latest post:

"Some of you might remember me from my recent Revit Sucks post. A few weeks ago I decided to take a few step back, take a deep breath...and really try my best to understand things better, and to try to truly recognize why I was so frustrated...
This approach has helped my gain some understanding, and proceed in a much healthier way. AutoCad was my bitch...she is gone now....So, here is what I have come up with in my attempt to embrace Revit...First, Our office, for one reason or another has decided not to use all of the features it is perhaps known for....and this, it would appear, would be part of why I had become frustrated. Next, I knew that I had to approach this like I do everything else...learn a lot on my own, or from others on line. And lastly to not settle and make it do what I want it do do. While I know I will suck on Revit for awhile longer, I am enjoying some of its benefits, and know that someday...Revit too, will be my bitch, just like AutoCad, PowerCad, and hand Drafting that came before it!
Thanks to those who offered encouragement, and even those who think I am an arrogant prick. I love Achitecture..."


Thank you Mr. TaliesinAGG for seeing the grass is greener on the other side. Feel free to email me with any questions, comments, or concerns.