Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Revit Tutorial Series - Family Creation - Part 1


Finally!!! I know... Finally, The Revit Kid has made a new video... I would like to deeply apalogize for the lack of original videos.  I have been super busy with tons of new and old things going on in my life.  I am still quite busy but I should have a few spare minutes to create some videos for you guys.

This is the first of a series of Family Creation Tutorials I will be doing.  I originally starting writing out exactly what topics, families, and steps I would take in the video but decided that would not be realistic.  A realistic model of instruciton would include me messing up, improvising the steps of creation as I would in a real world work situation, and ultimately problem solving to create a high quality family.

One of my biggest pet peeves of the advent of Revit picking up traction is the lack of good families.  The great thing about Revit is the ability to share these high quality models from manufactures or costum built designers.  I garuntee you that more than half of the models you grab from RevitCity and even Autodek's very own SEEK are garbage.  Some are simply 3D masses imported from CAD and Max while other throw error and crash your machine when you try to change a dimension.  With this series I hope to put an end to crappy families and start a revolution of good quality, parametric, and useful family creators... Enjoy..

Revit Tutorial Series - Family Creation - Part 1

Topics Covered:
  • Starting a Revit Family Project
  • Understanding Reference Planes
  • Using dimensions as constraints and parameters.
  • Manipulating Reference Planes.
  • Manipulating Geometry using dimensions, reference planes, and parameters.

Click here to see the Revit Tutorial Series - Family Creation - Part 1 video...