Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Friday, February 25, 2011

Revit Tip - Managing Phases with Revit Links

I received an email the other day asking if I could do a few videos on Phasing. This is the snort of topic I have tried to stay away from because I was not sure how best to attack it, but shortly after I read the email I found myself dealing with phases in the office.

The project we were working on is in the very early stages and required some simulation of the actual project construction phases. Therefore, instead of the simple Existing, New, and Demo phases I needed to create 5 new phases. Of course, we had a few different site models linked in that will coincide with certain stages. Well, how do you manage when these site models show and in what stage? As with most Revit solutions... "There is a menu for that" (ha, kind of like "there is an app for that").

Select your Revit Link. Click Edit Type in the Properties bar.


There is a button in the Edit Type window called "Phase Mapping"... Tah dah!  The rest is pretty self explanitory...  Just coordinate which Phase in the Link you want to coincide with which phase in the Main Model.