Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Revit Renderings and Photoshop

Time and time again I see renderings that have been completed in Revit and then simply printed... as is.  I see this in school as well as in the office.  Now, this blog is a testament to how much I love Revit and believe in the software.  But, I will be the first to admit that it takes a little bit extra to make GOOD renderings.  Sure, the new ambient and realist views are freaking awesome just as they are exporterd but I am talking about actual renderings.  I have some posts on this site about different post processing methods (mostly Photoshop) that help Revit renderings look like REAL renderings...  Something as simple as placing the Revit rendering on top of a real image of the site can completely change the look of it!

So please, learn some simple Photoshop skills and stop printing Renderings directly out of Revit!  Do it for yourself... if not, do it for me!