I was working with a friend of mine and he asked about the cleanest way to do a corner mullion. When I showed him the following technique he was ecstatic! I then checked the blog to see if I ever did a tutorial on it... to my surprise, I didn't! This may be a simple little tutorial but I know some of you will be as exited about it as my buddy was!
Continue reading for the step-by-step...
This tutorial uses a mullion family that exists inside the Default Autodesk Template. So make sure you either load that template or bring in the "Quad Corner Mullion : 5"x 5" Quad Corner" family...
At any corner mullion condition follow these steps:
1. Tab Select a single mullion at the corner.
2. Right click, choose "Select Mullions" > "On Gridline"
3. Unpin the Mullions (type "UP" on the Keyboard).
4. Change the family type to the "Quad Corner Mullion" in the properties bar.
5. Select "Delete Elements" when prompted:
6. Now you have a beautiful corner mullion that will adapt to any angle...
Pretty neat, huh? If you like this tutorial make sure to share it with a friend and get all those corners cleaned up!