Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Friday, May 27, 2016

Photoshop for Architects... What do you think?




I’ve been in the process of examining BIM After Dark - Volume 1 and looking for areas where content could be updated or enhanced (if you haven’t checked out Volume 1 yet, check it out today!  It really is packed full of incredible presentation tips and tricks I promise you have not seen before).  Anyways, as I run and re-run through the content I realized there is a bit of information that can be applied to any architect and not just one using Revit.

I thought to myself, “Jeff, what if you made a ‘mini-course’ that doesn’t discriminate the non-Revit users?”  Well, I am posting today to see what you all think about the idea.  Photoshop for Architects would be a mini-course teaching you everything from working with scanned sketches to annotation techniques and processing renderings (regardless of what program they were rendered in). 

Most Photoshop courses start by teaching you how to remove red-eye, crop a photo, or remove unwanted background elements. Skills used by photographers, not architects.


Photoshop is such a powerful tool that it is used by everyone from print designers, to photographers, to app developers, and architects. Unfortunately, that power comes with a complex feature set that is time consuming to learn.

That’s why it’s important to learn the tools in Photoshop that are actually used by architects—skipping past the parts that may be useful someday, but won’t help you finish post-processing your rendering or setting up that beautiful site plan.

I drafted a quick outline and created a survey… I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter… Please, take a minute to let me know what you think!


Click here to take the survey today...