Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Friday, February 5, 2021

Residential Revit - Under Construction (Replay + Links)

 


In this episode of BIM After Dark Live I gave an update on my ongoing home addition project ("Split Level Redux") and talk about some of the ways Revit has helped during the construction phase. 


So often in residential construction, as the architect, we spend countless hours working with a client to design their dream home (or addition).  However, there isn't always a connection between that effort and the efforts in the field.  


I have been using my own personal project as an opportunity to explore how Revit (and "BIM" in general) can add value to residential contractors, too.


In this episode we explored:

- General construction updates on the project (with some cool footage).

- How I am using Revit to track progress.

- How Revit is helping me place material orders.

- Real-time diagramming and problem solving using the model..

- And of course, some of the head-aches along the way....


Continue reading to view the replay and all of the links mentioned (there were quite a few links mentioned!)... 



Links Mentioned:

Previous Episodes and Tutorials Related to my "Split Level Redux" Project: