Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Lidar Scan to Revit from an iPhone?! (Polycam to Revit Workflow)


On last night's episode of BIM After Dark Live I walked you through the process of taking a lidar scan to Revit from an iPhone.  That's right, laser scanning with your iPhone and then using that information in Revit.   Using an app called "Polycam" I will give you my super simple Polycam to Revit workflow.

When I first bought an iPhone 12 I couldn't wait to see what I could do with the LIDAR capabilities.  My search led me to an app called "Polycam".  Fast forward to almost a year later and Polycam is a title sponsor of this livestream!  Who would have thought?  Well, I have continued to use their product over the last ten months and can't wait to show you the workflow I have developed.



I'll be talking about the steps it takes to get a LIDAR (and photogrammetry ) scan from Polycam on your iPhone or iPad into Revit, my lessons learned along the way, and a case study in which I surveyed and existing house with just Polycam and made a pretty darn good existing conditions model from it!

Check out some snips from the case study I shared on the episode: