Clicky Web Analytics
presentation
documentation
creation
automation
bim after dark live

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 3 Ends and the Final Day concludes...

Day three of Autodesk University 2010 was packed with events for myself. The day started with a couple Revit Programming class and ended with a class called "Fuzzy Math Essentials for Revit Family Builders"... if you thought my calculus project from a year back was loaded with funky math you have not seen anything yet...

I met a lot of great people yesterday as well. During the Fuzzy math class I ran into Steve Stafford of Revit OpEd and the class was given by Jason Grant (link)... Later on in the day, as I was attempting to do the first stitch of homework (ironically in the Manufacturing Lounge), I finally ran into Greg from Revit3d.com. As I expected, it was quite a meeting. The conversation began when we noticed the man sitting next to us was from a community college in Oregon (or somewhere out west). The three of us spoke about implementing BIM and Revit in his program at the college... Coming from a community college myself, I think it is great to see his interest and passion for doing the right thing. I would also like to say hello to his students (Oregon Community College I believe). Hopefully, he will email me with his progress.

So, the night went on. Greg decided him and I should make rounds in the exhibit hall... And, boy did we make rounds. I know I link a lot to Greg's blog and he links to me... But, after seeing him in action last night I have a whole new perspective on what he does and his passion. If you saw and heard what I did last night you would go on his blog everyday and tell the whole world. Greg, thanks for letting me tag along and partake in the great conversations.

I also decided to take advantage of the free Revit certification tests. I passed both the associate and professional Revit certification. I don't want to toot my own horn but I think I might have broken some type of time record. I finished the associate (30 questions) in roughly 15 minutes. I also finished the professional exam in 24 minutes. Is this fast? I wish the was a benchmark somewhere.

Finally, I am proud to say I met Carl Bass... Without going on and on about him I will say one thing... He is very tall. Also, I managed to run into Uncle Phil (Phil Bernstien) at Starbucks this morning...

Tomorrow, I head back hoe and must finish three design projects, a steel project, and study for a final... Vegas, I will miss you.