A few weeks ago I held the first ever BIM After Dark Mini-Course. This was the first time I have ever held a live, formal, class online for the blog. The class was a huge success and those who attended gave nothing but positive feedback.
In the 1 hour and 12 minute session I walked through the entire process of creating a fully parametric base cabinet family from scratch (like the one in the picture above). Starting from a blank family template I show you my step-by-step methods to creating parametric families, including:
- Reference Plane Creation and Planning
- Proper dimensioning.
- Adding dimensional, material, and visibility parameters.
- Testing and flexing your parameters.
- Creating geometry and constraining it to parameters.
- Working with nested families.
- When to use instance parameters.
- Creating and modifying family types.
The feedback was so positive that I decided to package up the course and sell it for those of you who missed the live event.
Starting today, you can download the recording of November's live mini-course along with the sample files and images to help guide you in creating a base cabinet from scratch!
What's Included in the Mini-Course Package Download?
- Sample Family Files.
- Family Parameter Screen Captures to help guide you.